I’d like to recommend a product that I love. This gluten free pizza dough is super easy to make and oh so yummy. If you’ve tried gluten free pizza from a pizza place you know they are horrible. They are most often like eating cardboard with sauce and cheese on it, less than appetizing.
Duinkernen Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix will save the day! It is available at the Bulk Barn and other health stores around here.
This mix makes enough dough for two pizzas. If you don’t want to make two, simply split the dough in two, roll second into a floured ball (remember to use a gluten free flour to flour it), cover in wax paper and put in a ziplock bag in the fridge for later in the week.
Follow the instructions on the box for mixing, and rising. It only rises for 5 minutes so you don’t have to wait long. Use very well (gluten-free) floured hands to get the dough out and split it in half. Roll each half into a ball and dust it with flour.
Here’s the secret to making home made pizza dough easy to roll.
- Lightly spray/grease your pizza pan (I always use my stoneware pizza pan)
- Lightly flour the pizza pan
- Put a nicely formed floured ball of dough in the middle of the pan.
- Roll the dough a little, dust your dough with flour again.
- Work the dough out from the middle, working in a circle around the edge, keep adding flour so your pin doesn’t stick.
- Work around until you have a decently formed circle, it doesn’t have to be perfect, this is pizza not the Mona Lisa
Now you can can add your sauce, cheese and toppings… the fun part!
As with any home made pizza I find it essential to use a good quality cheese and fresh toppings. Freshly fried bacon, freshly cut mushrooms, some ham and black olives made this cut this evening. It was excellent! You won’t believe it’s gluten-free.
I also tried out a new home made pizza sauce recipe which I got from my lovely cousin, Carla, over at Cooking With Sin.
In small pot add the following & simmer for 30 mins.
- 1 can tomato paste – garlic flavoured
- Empty can filled with warm water
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp each of garlic powder, marjoram, basil & oregano (all dried)
- cayenne pepper, salt & black pepper to taste
Enjoy your pizza and feel good after you eat it too!