In this fast paced world we often spend most of our time on things that don’t really bring us joy or enrich our lives. Sometimes this is because of the way our society works, sometimes it is because we have no choice, but sometimes it is because we do not examine where we spend our time and so we do not know that we are wasting it.
Here are the things that I think are worthy of my time.
- putting my toes in the green grass
- snuggling or playing fetch with my puppy
- stopping in the street to pet a lonely dog
- preparing healthy foods
- smelling flowers, literally
- listening to children tell you something they are excited about
- exercising my body followed by a hot shower
- sharing life realizations and the occasional ice cream cone with friends
- holding the one I love and truly being in that moment
- sharing thoughts with my husband and learning from and about eachother
- reading books that expand my universe
- smiling at strangers
- walking quietly in nature
- helping someone without considering how it will help me